What to look for in a Pilates Class
- As a new client you should be asked to complete a questionnaire regarding health, well-being and injury.
- Classes with 12 or fewer participants are more appropriate for beginners.
- The teacher should show individual attention, expect to be individually helped or corrected.
- The teacher should constantly be observing and communicating with both the group and individual clients.
- Teachers should be able to offer adaptations and should have equipment such as blocks and elastics to enable them to do so.
A good Pilates Instructor
- has appropriate qualifications
- has experience
- uses hands-on touch
- is attentive
- gives corrections as well as praise
- emphasises a non-competitive, relaxed environment
- encourages questions